December 8, 2008

AUTOBIOGRAPHY

The words in Arcade Fire's Wake Up
represent the typical young person's
chauvinism towards the old. If the old
feel less it's only because their hearts
have been forced to realize that
life is too painful to take in fully.
Rachel once said to me, The moment you
love, you're unlimited.

I wanted to answer,
"The moment you love, it's your suffering
which is unlimited."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-wEBmLht5g


But what does it matter what the words
to this song are, the important thing
is that the "OHHHHH" of the chorus expresses
better than anything else how Rachel fills
up my heart.


I am a musician and poet,

I write prose easily,
My work is full of felt life,

I have received citations
for my acting, sometimes
moving my audience to tears,
I am handy with a camera,
I consider myself
an absolute mistress
of all stagecraft;
Until I met you
I was able to draw
out any emotion by hand;

But now I have met you,
And I have no means at all,
No means at all
To express how I feel.